During a season of quarantines and uncertainty, the Coronavirus is providing opportunities for advancing the Gospel. Some of the countries most affected by the pandemic so far are also countries where believers face persecution every day.
In an Islamic country heavily affected by the coronavirus, Christians are handing out masks and offering help to those forced to stay in their homes under quarantine. When asked why they are helping, they have a great opportunity to share about Jesus’ love and how He helps us overcome fear. Christians in parts of China affected by the coronavirus have felt more freedom to boldly witness for Christ because China’s oppressive facial-recognition cameras are less likely to identify them when they are wearing masks.
As you assess the risks of the coronavirus and make decisions for your family, we ask you to pray specifically and fervently for our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Pray for the protection of those not infected and for the healing of those who have become infected. Pray that they will trust in God and feel His presence and care each day.
- Pray that Christians around the world will seek opportunities to advance God’s kingdom amid the confusion and fear caused by the pandemic.
- Pray for eternal fruit as Christians in China and other nations reach out to those affected by or fearful of the coronavirus.
- Pray that followers of Christ will see God’s goodness amid hardship, sickness and loss caused by the coronavirus and that they will convey His goodness and hope to those around them.
- Pray that this crisis will lead government officials in hostile areas and restricted nations to the truth of the Gospel and the hope found only in Jesus Christ.
Source: The Voice of the Martyrs USA
Post your prayer in the comments below.