Lockdown Church 2021
How are you persevering under lockdown?
Back in April 2020 not many of us could have predicted that one year later we would still be in lockdown. Throughout that time our ability to meet together as God’s people has been restricted in varying ways which has presented huge challenges and caused frustration.
Voice of the Martyrs Lockdown Church resources were developed by Release International, our partners in the UK, to pick up on the connection between our new experience of facing restrictions and the common everyday experience of persecuted Christians. It was a chance for us to both identify and learn from them.
In that regard, nothing has changed. In fact, in our prolonged experience of lockdown and uncertainty, we have an even greater opportunity to identify – especially with those of our brothers and sisters who bear the weight of sustained, systemic restrictions because of their faith. Together with them, we are learning more about endurance, steadfastness, and hope.
Lockdown Church is a set of resources focusing on the theme of Isolation.
Scroll down the page to the menus below to find short Bible reflections, interactive activities, songs and prayers, all designed to help you worship, reflect and identify with our persecuted Christian family during this prolonged period of lockdown. You can use these resources individually, share them with your friends, or use them in your online home group or church services.
Used in conjunction with our Frontline News Reports we pray that you will find these beneficial and confronting and cause for a prayerful response.
Praise God that His church lives and thrives under lockdown.
What does God’s Word have to say about oppression? Click on the links below to hear Release speakers exploring the subject in a series of 5-minute reflections.
- His Convenant Faithfulness
- The Explusive Power of God's Word
- Looking Back To Go Forward
- Our Faithful Shephard
- The Holy Spirit – God With Us
- Resting in the care of your heavenly Father
- When Losses Don’t Destroy a Relationship
- Rescued from Our Inconsistency
- The Secret Things vs The Revealed Things
- The God Who Sees
- Boasting in Exaltation
- Commitment to the Gospel
- Our Refuge, Strength and Ever-Present Help
- Taking a Stand
- What a Privileged People We Are
The legacy of Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand remains a powerful inspiration to the ministry of Release International. Click on the links below to hear some audio extracts from their talks and sermons archive.
Many of the songs recorded in the Bible were written from a place of anguish. Some assert great confidence in God to deliver, while others simply ask ‘how long?’ They are a reminder that we have permission to take our pain and unanswered questions to God. Click on the links below to listen to a selection of songs by contemporary Christian artists reflecting on this theme.
Even in the most challenging circumstances as Christians, we can call out to our Father in heaven knowing that He hears and sees. Click on the links below to read prayers written by Christians from a context of oppression.
Encouragements in Isolation
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad (Proverbs 12:25). These encouragements will gladden your heart as you are pointed to the goodness of God.
- Shaped in Isolation
- Hope in Isolation
- Imprisoned with ISIS: Faith in the Face of Evil
- A true story of persecution
- Cell 58: imprisoned in Iran
- Acts 12 - God's Cause will Triumph - Part 5
- Acts 12 - God's Cause will Triumph - Part 4
- Acts 12 - God's Cause will Triumph - Part 3
- Acts 12 - God's Cause will Triumph - Part 2
- Acts 12 - God's Cause will Triumph - Part 1
- Daniel 4 - The Kingdom of God in Triumph
- Matthew 24.22-23 - Walking on water during the storm
- Be Of Good Cheer
- Tortured for Christ