Church attendance in Europe seems to be skyrocketing with the rapid conversions of Iranian and Afghani immigrants to Christianity.
Europe has a history of low church growth, but these Muslim background believers are reported to be bringing faith back to life.
One bishop says that about one out of four of the confirmations he performs are for Muslims converting to Christianity.
The Muslim immigrants converting to Christianity are having a noticeable effect on church growth and church attendance. These conversions could have a lasting impact.
Sources: International Christian Concern, Patheos
- Praise God for the way He is working in Europe to reveal Himself to many. Pray more people will open their hearts to Jesus.
- Pray Muslim background believers will spread the Gospel to other Muslims in their community.
- Pray the love of Christ will ensure unity between the established church and new believers.
A boat captain faces a prison sentence of up to 90 years after being charged in Spain with the murder of six Christian migrants by allegedly throwing them overboard. According to the indictment against him, the captain and a colleague attacked the six Nigerian Christians because they believed the passengers’ prayers had provoked a storm during the voyage from North Africa.
The inflatable boat had about 50 migrants aboard when it left Morocco in December of 2014 to make the 14-kilometre voyage to Spain. Police state in the indictment that the attackers pulled up slats and beat the Christians, then threw them into the “raging sea” where they were lost. One body was found a few days later off the coast of Granada.
The captain, named as Alain N.B. from Cameroon, has denied all charges. He was one of two men arrested in connection with the incident; the second man died before the start of the trial. Prosecutors in the Spanish city of Almería have requested 15 years for each of the six offences. If convicted of all charges, Alain will be serving 45 of the total 90 years behind bars.
So far this year, more than 300,000 migrants have crossed the Mediterranean Sea in order to reach Europe, after fleeing countries such as Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq and Nigeria. Another 3,000 died while attempting to make the crossing.
Source: Christian Today
- Pray for the grieving families and friends of the six Nigerian Christians whose lives tragically ended while at sea. May they continue to sense God’s comforting presence and strength.
- Intercede on behalf of the accused captain, pray he may come to the Lord in repentance and receive the Lord’s mercy and salvation.
- Pray for the protection of all those fleeing strife and unrest. Pray for the nations in the Middle East and Africa ─ for peace, stability, good governance and a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit.