A leaked secret document has revealed the existence of a government body dedicated to church persecution in south-west China.
The document reportedly exposes a ‘state-run command-and-control centre’ operating at provincial level in Guizhou – or possibly at a higher level.
One of the churches in Guizhou that has suffered persecution is Huoshi Church in Guiyang city.
Three Huoshi members – Pastor Yang Hua, Wang Yao and Zhang Xiuhong – are in custody: Pastor Su Tianfu has been released on bail, awaiting trial; his family are under intense surveillance, as is Pastor Yang’s wife, Wang Hongwu. Pastor Yang has reportedly been tortured.
Huoshi (Living Stone), the largest house church in the city, has been banned from meeting as a body so has been forced to divide into small groups. Officials have been systematic in their efforts to identify church members; small groups have been evicted routinely from their premises.
Source: China Aid, Release International
- Pray for the release of all detained members of Huoshi Church; pray that all charges against them will be dropped.
- Praise God that His church is growing in China, in spite of man’s efforts to stop the spread of the Gospel.
- Ask God to raise up people to disciple new Christians in China and to strengthen the church.
CHINA: Lawyer Yang Maodong in Critical Need
CHINA: Wife of Church Leader Buried Alive
CHINA: Human Rights Lawyer Zhang Kai Released
A Chinese house church has been ordered to close down by local officials in Dazhou, Sichuan province.
It is not surprising to see such actions taken by the Communist Party of China as they continue to juggle the massive rise in Christianity among their citizens.
Members of the house church are questioning the legality of the closure as, according to Chinese regulations regarding churches, if the congregation is fewer than 50 people they are not required to register with the state.
The Chinese church has faced a multitude of persecution cases within the last couple of years. The most notable has been the systematic removal of crosses and church buildings in Zhejiang province, which has seen over 1,500 crosses removed and nearly 400 buildings destroyed.
Sources: Christian Today, International Christian Concern
- Pray for the courage and strength of the members of the Chinese house church that was forcibly closed.
- Pray that God will give house churches in China unity in preaching the truth and unity in the Holy Spirit.
- Pray that God will bring an end to the cross removal campaign in Zhejiang province.
CHINA: At Least Twenty Christians in ‘Black Jail’
CHINA: Attorney Zhang Kai ‘Disappeared’
CHINA: Fear of Religious Liberty Crackdown